15/03/2011
Process of development
This yoga exercise has really contributed in my use of breath and gaining flexibility on my injured hamstring.
I did this before I began a practical session, it warms up my muscles and the more repetitions, the more heat reaching the muscles. I'm able to stretch my hamstrings further without feeling much pain as before.
Breathing gives a sense of release through the body, because at time I tend to hold the breath especially when it comes to continues movement or balancing. I am able to use the breath as a tool to let go off any tension, allowing moments of suspension and ease in the movement. Another release base is the Skinner releasing technique, this help me yield into the floor with my whole weight on the ground, had an awareness of my body as it softened to the ground. Payed attention to each little part of my body, doing this began showing clarity in my movement and I was interested in exploring detail in movement.
